Though I missed posting in the past few months, that didn’t mean we stopped eating. Here’s a snapshot of what we were up to:
- Developed a taste for caviar and blini (just me, really. Jan already had it).
- Crocheted a “Benny” amigurumi who joined in the fun.
- Found a new love (hint: it involves giant pancakes).
- Avoided major collisions on the slopes.
- Tried to duplicate the hot pink deviled eggs we ate here. I am convinced that Biergarten is using some other form of food coloring besides beet juice, since my deviled eggs soaked in beet juice were pastel pink, not hot pink.
- Ate lots of coconut in Hawaii.
- Got a new barbecue.
- Installed more tile and new baseboards (status: the project, started over two years ago starting from here, is “90% done,” Jan estimates).
- Finally hosted a Raclette dinner with 8 people—putting all 8 slots into use.
- Invited a Pom family to live in my refrigerator.
- Drank beer delivered by the cutest donkey on Earth (in his 3 packs he carried: 1. Coronas, 2. limes, and 3. carrots, which were treats for the donkey, of course)!
- Made “Crabby Snacks” for my book club’s dinner meeting on Silver Lining’s Playbook (followed this recipe exactly to rave reviews).
- Tended the garden.
- And, converted Jan to a lover of “breakfast for dinner” (victory!)
What’s next? Trying to overcome my fear of the barbecue.